BACK IN STOCK!
Formulated for absolute ease of use, this base has the following key advantages:
- Zero titanium dioxide (other goats milk bases are only milky white because they have this added – we leave it up to you).
- Low sweat (see below)
- Luxurious bubbles.
- Moisturising and nourishing qualities of goats milk.
- Excellent fragrance lift with no overpowering soap smell – it’s a very low odour base and smells slightly sugary.
- Easy to cut; not too hard, not too soft.
- Excellent melting qualities with minimal bubbles in the microwave (heat on 15-25 second bursts for best results).
- Available in wholesale bulk lots of 10kg or 20kg.
This is an extremely versatile soap base.
- Create a white base: Add titanium dioxide powder.
- Create a vanilla stable base: Add a 25% solution of sodium thiosulfate (or ‘hypo’) at a ratio of 1 part hypo : 2 parts fragrance. Do you dread using fragrances with vanilla content? Keep an eye out for our Blog Post on how to make this and use it – it’s dead easy and so cheap!
Melting point: 60-70 degrees Celsius.
Bayside Soap ‘Low Sweat’ bases compared to Stephenson Crystal ‘No Sweat’:
- Low Sweat means that you can leave this base unwrapped under temperate conditions. Here are my test results:
- I left samples (‘Basic Goats Milk’, ‘Basic Clear’, ‘Stephenson Crystal NS’ ) unwrapped during a Brisbane summer inside in light airconditioning with a door to the outside that was frequently left open (kids). It had been raining for a few days. None of the bases sweated.
- I then put them outside on a cloudy day. None of the bases sweated.
- The next day the barometric pressure dropped and the clouds became thicker. The relative humidity was very high (around 80%) but it wasn’t quite raining yet. The Bayside Soap ‘Basic Goats Milk’ and ‘Basic Clear’ bases sweated and the ‘Stephenson Crystal NS’ was slimy but not sweating.
- When it began to rain I checked the bases after an hour. All three were sweating at this point. None of the samples inside were sweating.
- Conclusions: Don’t leave your soaps unwrapped if you are outside on a rainy day. Given the right conditions, even the Stephenson Crystal NS will sweat (you need high humidity and low pressure). If your soaps are going to be inside, in a temperate environment or with some kind of temperature control you should be safe.
Ingredients: Aqua, Glycerol, Sodium Laurate, Sodium stearate, Sorbitol, Pure Sucrose, Goats Milk, Sodium Laurel Ether Sulphate.
This product is cut and packaged using good manufacturing process and appropriate PPE (it is not supplied in a tub).