Everything you need to make your first batch of soap! This kit will set you up to make soap for yourself and your family; just replenish the soap base, fragrance and colour.
Step 1: Choose the Short Loaf Mould (makes 4 bars) – reusable!
Step 2: Choose your soap base
Step 3: Choose your essential oil – you will have leftovers!
Step 4: Choose your colourant (liquid colours) – reusable!
Step 5: Select the wavy Soap Cutter – reusable!
Step 6: Select the packet of budget cello bags – enough for 24 batches!
- Chop all (500g) of the soap into small 1-2cm cubes and place into a pyrex jug.
- Melt soap in the microwave on 20-30 second bursts or in a double boiler.
- Add a few drops of colour at a time until you reach your desired colour.
- Add 10-15g of fragrance (around 10ml) and stir to combine.
- Carefully pour into the loaf mould and leave to cool and become completely hard.
- Using the wavy soap cutter and a ruler if required, cut into 4 even bars.
- Package into the cello bags and seal with tape, raffia or ribbon. TIP: Sandwich your soap bar between two business cards, then slide into the cello bag to avoid smudges.