Do you have some skin-safe lemongrass essential oil sitting around (20-30g)? Then this is the kit for you!
You be able to create 8 bars of sulphate-free aloe vera soap using our standard silicone loaf mould.
This kit includes the following:
1 x 1kg Tub of Aloe Vera Melt and Pour Soap Base (Stephenson Brand)
1 x 10g Bag Lemon Powder (natural)
1 x Stained Glass Lemon Yellow Liquid Colour (5ml)
If you need to get set up for soaping, check out our Standard Loaf Starter Kit. It has everything you need to get started.
- Chop up the base into small cubes (1-2cm).
- Melt in a microwave-safe pouring jug in 30 second bursts until completely melted.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of lemon powder (more or less if you like – it’s really up to you!). Stir, stir, stir!
- Add a few drops at a time of the lemon yellow liquid colour until you are happy with the result. Stir well.
- Add 20-30g of your lemongrass oil, stir to combine.
- Pour into your silicone mould and spritz with isopropyl alcohol to disperse bubbles if you have it.
- Allow to cool and harden fully.
- Un-mould and cut into 8 evenly sized bars. It can help to measure them out with a ruler.
- Wrap in cello bags or plastic wrap to prevent sweating.