DIY laundry powder is what got me into soaping! My kids had sensitive skin and it was the only thing that I could use for years.
That’s why I’m excited to stock Blants products, in particular their laundry blend!
It contains the same ingredients I used to make my own laundry powder, plus sodium peroxide to boost your wash. PLUS, you don’t have to mix it yourself. It’s easy to mix in some essential or fragrance oil to each individual load or to the bag and mix it through. This way, you can make your laundry smell however you like! I’ve used all kinds of soap fragrance oils, including Hugo Boss, Peony and the list goes on!
My favourite essential oil blends are:
- Lavender + Ylang Ylang,
- Rose Geranium
- Lavender + Rose Geranium
You can use it unscented, or do what I do and add 10-20g of essential oil or bath and body safe fragrance oil per kg for a customised scent!
***BACK-ORDER ITEMS HAVE A 3-7 DAY LEAD TIME
Here’s what Blants have to say about this fantastic product:
Blants Laundry blend is a plant and mineral based formula that really works!
What’s NOT In the Laundry Blend ?
- No added colours or fragrance
- No artificial brighteners
- No sodium lauryl sulphate
- Phosphate free
- Enzyme free
- No fillers
What Is In the Laundry Blend ?
- Ground Coconut Soap – this is Blants own Ground Coconut Soap made in Sri Lanka exclusively for Blants. Made from three simple ingredients – Organic Coconuts, Lye and water. Fat or oil, lye and water are the three base essential ingredients of any soap. We don’t add anything extra.
- Sodium Peroxide – Sodium Peroxide is an oxygen booster. Whoever thought of this is a genius. It is hydrogen peroxide encased in washing soda. When added to hot water the dense oxygen within the hydrogen peroxide is released into the water. As an ingredient in this formula it reacts with & infuses all the ingredients with an enhanced oxygen boost wash.
- Washing Soda – Our Washing Soda is from a natural source in the USA. Washing Soda is a key ingredient as a water softener in cottage & some commercial washing detergents. Hard water is water with high levels of minerals. Those minerals limit the sudsing/soaping of detergents. Washing Soda both cleans and softens water allowing the soap to clean effectively.
- Bicarb Soda – Good old Bicarb Soda, also known as Sodium Bicarbonate is a wonderfully effective cleaner used for generations by generations, as an all-purpose cleaner for all sorts of cleaning projects. Very effective in the wash, our Bicarb is of Natural origin, sourced from the USA.
- Borax – A natural product derived from Turkey. Borax is often understated in its application and effectiveness. It softens water, cleans and is a natural deodorant, but its other claim to fame is its effectiveness as an anti-fungal, anti-yeast, anti-mould, and its ability to neutralise fluoride in tap water.
Using a Top Loader
A 30g scoop works well in cold or hot water for a medium load. Every machine is different so please experiment and see what works best for you. You can add the powder directly to the load at the beginning or once the water has filled the drum.
Using a Front Loader
I use a 30g scoop in my front loader for a medium load. Start with half a scoop and increase to a full scoop if OK. I have had good results in cold and hot washes.
In both cases, the amount of Laundry Blend needed per wash will vary from wash to wash depending on the machine size, the wash level. and level of soiling on clothes.
*Laundry Blend may cause colour-fast materials to run or fade. Be sure to pre-test the suitability of Laundry Blend to your application before use. We do not accept responsibility if the garment colour appears to fade after washed.