This is the clearest soap base we have!
Formulated for absolute ease of use, this base has the following key advantages:
- Super high clarity for the brightest neons and sparkliest micas and glitters!
- Perfect for embeds due to its high clarity.
- Low sweat (see below).
- Luxurious bubbles.
- Excellent fragrance lift with no overpowering soap smell – it’s a very low odour base.
- Easy to cut; not too hard, not too soft.
- Excellent melting qualities with minimal bubbles in the microwave (heat on 15-25 second bursts for best results).
- Available in wholesale bulk lots of 10kg or 20kg.
- Packaged in light-weight plastic. This base is cut to size.
- Vegan friendly. All of the oils in this base are plant-based, including the glycerin which is plant-derived.
- Please note that the ingredients for this base has recently, see new ingredients list below.
This is an extremely versatile soap base.
- Create a white base: Add titanium dioxide powder.
- Create a vanilla stable base: Add a 25% solution of sodium thiosulfate (or ‘hypo’) at a ratio of 1 part hypo : 2 parts fragrance. Do you dread using fragrances with vanilla content? Keep an eye out for our Blog Post on how to make this and use it – it’s dead easy and so cheap!
Melting point: 60-70 degrees Celsius.
Bayside Soap ‘Low Sweat’ bases compared to Stephenson Crystal ‘No Sweat’:
- Low Sweat means that you can leave this base unwrapped under temperate conditions. Here are my test results:
- I left samples (‘Basic Goats Milk’, ‘Basic Clear’, ‘Stephenson Crystal NS’ ) unwrapped during a Brisbane summer inside in light airconditioning with a door to the outside that was frequently left open (kids). It had been raining for a few days. None of the bases sweated.
- I then put them outside on a cloudy day. None of the bases sweated.
- The next day the barometric pressure dropped and the clouds became thicker. The relative humidity was very high (around 80%) but it wasn’t quite raining yet. The Bayside Soap ‘Basic Goats Milk’ and ‘Basic Clear’ bases sweated and the ‘Stephenson Crystal NS’ was slimy but not sweating.
- When it began to rain I checked the bases after an hour. All three were sweating at this point. None of the samples inside were sweating.
- Conclusions: Don’t leave your soaps unwrapped if you are outside on a rainy day. Given the right conditions, even the Stephenson Crystal NS will sweat (you need high humidity and low pressure). If your soaps are going to be inside, in a temperate environment or with some kind of temperature control you should be safe.
Ingredients: Sodium Stearate, Glycerin, Aqua, Sodium Laurate, Sucrose, D-glucitol, Propanediol 1.2, Sodium Laurel Ether Sulphate, Sodium Laureth Sulphate.
This product is cut and packaged using good manufacturing process and appropriate PPE (it is not supplied in a tub).