Formulated for absolute ease of use, this base has the following key advantages:
- Zero titanium dioxide (other goats milk bases are only milky white because they have this added – we leave it up to you).
- Low sweat (see below)
- Luxurious bubbles.
- Features nourishing and barrier-building shea butter.
- Excellent fragrance lift with no overpowering soap smell.
- Easy to cut; not too hard, not too soft.
- Excellent melting qualities with minimal bubbles in the microwave (heat on 15-25 second bursts for best results).
- Slightly cloudy, due to the addition of shea butter.
- Vegan friendly. All of the ingredients in this base are plant-based, including the glycerin which is plant-derived.
This is an extremely versatile soap base.
- Create a white base: Add titanium dioxide powder.
- Create a vanilla stable base: Add a 25% solution of sodium thiosulfate (or ‘hypo’) at a ratio of 1 part hypo : 2 parts fragrance. Do you dread using fragrances with vanilla content? Keep an eye out for our Blog Post on how to make this and use it – it’s dead easy and so cheap!
Melting point: 60-70 degrees Celsius.
Bayside Soap ‘Low Sweat’ bases compared to Stephenson Crystal ‘No Sweat’:
Don’t leave your soaps unwrapped if you are outside on a rainy day. Given the right conditions, even the Stephenson Crystal NS will sweat (you need high humidity and low pressure). If your soaps are going to be inside, in a temperate environment or with some kind of temperature control you should be safe. We still recommend wrapping melt and pour soaps if you can, as soon as you make them.
Ingredients: Aqua, Glycerol, Sodium Laurate, Sodium Stearate, D-glucitol, Pure Sucrose, Sodium Shea Butterate, Sodium Laurel Ether Sulphate.
This product is cut and packaged using good manufacturing process and appropriate PPE (it is not supplied in a tub).