This base is perfect for making shower and bath whip, sugar scrubs and salt scrubs.
We are so excited to launch this product – we believe it is the most natural bath and shower whip on the market and uses ingredients derived from coconuts. It has been in development for around a year and we have thoroughly tested it to come up with the best instructions and recipes.
You can add fragrance oils or essential oils to this base, up to 5% (we suggest 1-3%).
You can add carrier oil to this base, up to 5%. Keep in mind that it already contains sunflower oil, so it will already leave your skin feeling soft and nourished.
You can also add sugar or salt if you’d like some exfoliation.
We have tested this base with our micas and lakes and they are lovely. You need to disperse the lakes first in isopropyl alcohol.
Basic Instructions for a Bath and Shower Whip
Ingredients and Equipment
- Pyrex Jug
- Knife/Chopping Board
- Infrared Thermometer (recommended)
- Hand Beaters
- Bath Whip Base
- Skin Safe Fragrance/Essential Oil
- Cosmetic Colourant
- Weigh out your base into a pyrex jug. Make sure you have around 2x the amount of space : the amount of product.
- Melt your soap base in a pyrex jug in the microwave to around 75 degrees C. It melts quickly so use 10-30 second bursts depending on the amount of base you have. Try not to take it over 80 degrees.
- Add your fragrance or essential oil, and colour and stir well.
- Allow the product to sit for 5 minutes, or until it reaches around 45 degrees, stirring intermittently.
- Begin whipping your base, always on low speed. It will take 3-5 minutes to reach the correct consistency and we recommend pouring at around 30-34 degrees. If you miss this window it’s OK, you will just need to scoop the product into jars.
Ingredients: Water Distilled, Lauric Acid, Coconut Oil, Sodium Laurate, Sodium Cocoate, Coco Glucoside, Glycerine, 1.3 Propanediol, Sucrose, Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum, Sunflower Oil, Citric Acid, Extract Bitter Orange, Lactic Acid.
- This is a natural product and you need to follow the instructions.
- Fragrances with vanillin will turn this product brown.
- The ingredients in this product are unique to our natural range. They are different to Stephenson’s Crystal OPC and other bath whips currently on the market, which means you will need to follow our recipes not theirs. Their products contain phenoxyethanol as a stabiliser and preservative. Our product contains a completely natural preservative derived from fatty acids and plant extracts to prevent microbial growth. It also contains natural gums to stabilise the bubbles naturally, which is why you must follow our instructions (which are very simple!) in the correct order.
- Our instruction include a resting time at the beginning which is important! Don’t skip it.
- This product will GROW as it’s whipped! Always make sure you have at least 2x the amount of space with respect to the amount of product you are using.
- If you use mica, remember that it is a particle. If you get a puddle of the water in the product during use, you may have some mice floating on the top. This is completely normal.
- We don’t recommend this base for piping. We are working on a natural base specifically for this!
- We recommend that you use a small amount to test your products first before mass production.